And What You Can Do About It!
Water damage is a serious problem that most homeowners loathe. The truth remains that water can easily cause tens and thousands of dollars’ worth of destruction. It destroys appliances, furniture, electronics, upholstery and so much more. It also ups the likelihood of mold growth, which of course is an even bigger problem.
The good news is that water damage can be ameliorated via the services of a professional restoration company. These companies have lots of experience with water and so they know exactly how to repair the damage it sometimes causes.
Types Of Water Damage
Water damage is organized into three separate categories:
- Clean Water Damage: Clean water damage refers to non-contaminated water situations. For instance, suppose a sink overflows, a water line breaks, an appliance malfunctions or whatnot. This sort of damage is relatively benign and very easy to clean up.
- Grey Water Damage: Grey water damage is a bit more threatening, as the water can and is likely contaminated. Consider for instance if water discharges from a dishwasher or a dirty toilet overflows, thus spreading fecal matter all over the place.
- Black Water Damage: Black water damage is a very serious issue. Such water usually contains metals, toxic substances and pesticides, to name a few. Such type of damage cannot be repaired, in that the affected materials/furniture must be discarded.
The type of water damage is very, very relevant to the restoration process. In general, clean water damage is very easily repaired, though you should get it taken care of as soon as possible. Remember that delayed restoration can lead to the growth of mold. Grey and black water damage can also be dealt with to some degree, but not as easily. It all depends on the severity of the damage, as well as how much time has passed since the damage occurred.
Companies that deal with water damage understand exactly how to repair such damage. However, their success is limited by the severity of the damage. Suffice it to say, a company dealing with clean water damage is likely to be much more successful than a company dealing with black water damage. The good news is that the company will be very upfront with you.
The first thing water damage professionals do is closely inspect your home and determine exactly what must be done to remove the water. If your home is flooded, for instance, the company might use industrial-strength fans and humidifiers to remove all the water. This is important, because no restoration can be made until the water is first extricated.
After the water is removed, the company will then making repairs to your walls, your roofs, your floors and other structural portions of your home that likely suffered damage. This tends to be the priciest portion of the restoration process. There’s no telling what all will need to be replaced.
Water Damage Solutions & Services
Trained professionals should always be sought to inspect water damage in your home. Even the most benign water damage could in fact be far worse. More importantly, restoration professionals understand the complexities and nuances of water damage. They know how to identify it, how to ameliorate it and how to prevent it from occurring. This makes their services absolutely invaluable.
However, the key to getting the most out of water damage solutions and services lies in being very prompt. Most items affected by water damage can be salvaged if and only if they are dried and treated professionally within 24 to 48 hours maximum. Simply put, you need to contact a professional immediately after damage occurs. The team will rush out to your home within three hours max and begin the painstaking but pivotal process of restoration.
The exact type of services available have been listed below:
- The extraction and removal of all water.
- The drying out of all affected portions of the home.
- The cleaning and restoration of common home items and possessions.
- The eradication of mold and mildew.
- The location and repair of any and all leaks.
- The reconstruction of all unsalvageable home equipment.
Furthermore, the company will work with you to piece together a fair and equitable quote. All you need to do is pick up the phone and make the call.